We are currently looking for a full time Law Clerk/Legal Assistant in the area of tax law for our Vaughan location.
Successful candidate will be enthusiastic, eager and thrive in a fast paced and youthful environment.
Responsible for clerical, administrative and general office duties, including:
- Opening files, filing, arranging meetings, scheduling court dates, managing calendars
- Coordinating and monitoring administrative tasks to ensure completion of work accurately and in a timely manner
- Liaising with clients to obtain information and instructions
- Liaising professionally with clients, the courts, other law firms and support staff
- Completing a substantial portion of all files in a variety of areas of law
- Drafting and completing pleadings, affidavits of documents, motions and other court documents
- Drafting and completing corporate documents and commercial closing documents
- Communicating with clients, courts, other law firms, court agents and office support
- Managing all procedural and administrative tasks
- Performing independently residential real estate transactions and financing transactions completely, including reporting
- Recording your time dockets and preparing accounts
Qualifications and Skills
- Legal Assistant diploma/Law Clerk diploma
- Member, Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario – Associate level
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Computer: Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Outlook, Teraview, legal research software
- Able to multi-task and deal with significant workload
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work well under pressure
- Able to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates discretion and professionalism when handling confidential information and sensitive issues
- Experience in and/or exposure to tax law would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Do Process corporate software and Will builder
- Knowledge of PracticePanther, Clio or Amicus Attorney file management systems
- Knowledge of citrix conveyancer and Teraview
Salary commensurate with experience ($45,000 +).
Please forward Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com